Tourism and Hospitality Industry Committee
Who are we?
The AmCham Tourism and Hospitality Industry Committee is an open platform for private sector representatives and the international community, where all issues related to tourism development in Uzbekistan can be frankly discussed and recommendations for improvement are elaborated. We actively seek dialogue with public sector representatives to discuss these recommendations.
To support tourism development in the Republic of Uzbekistan by providing a strong network between businesses, the diplomatic corps, international organizations, etc. and to enter into a dialogue with the public sector.
Purpose and objectives of the committee
- Provide a platform for exchange about key issues in tourism development (B2B and other organizations)
- Support the circulation of relevant information on tourism among interested stakeholders
- Learn from each other and present best practices
- Create a unified voice for tourism entrepreneurs and developers towards the Government
- Act as a problem-solving forum: discuss issues among members and raise them with local authorities
- Facilitate a dialogue between the private sector and donors /international financial institutions in order for the second to learn about the needs of the private sector in Uzbekistan
- Frequency of meetings: once a quarter plus interim meetings whenever necessary
- Development of annual plan of activities of the Committee including responsibilities / define a goal for each year
Annual plan of activities for 2016